Sports Council Equality Group 2012
Terms of Reference
The Sports Council Equality Group (SCEG) consists of the relevant officers from all the Sports Councils and aims to promote and develop equality in sport across all the equality strands.
The Sports Councils:
Sport England - view their 'Equality and Diversity' page
Sport Northern Ireland - view their 'Equality' page
Sport Scotland - view their 'Equality' page
Sport Wales - view their 'Equality' page
UK Sport - view their 'Equality' page
Sport Council commitment
Each Sports Council is committed to providing a resource to support the work of the group; the resource is both financial and in the form of the group. Sports councils will bring to the table their relevant experience, work plans, and funding to ensure the group is better able to plan and meet its objectives.
- On an annual basis, agree priority UK wide projects to be delivered by SCEG that enhance the work being carried out by individual Sports Councils
- Share expertise, good practice and relevant experience, both amongst members of SCEG and with external partner agencies through a clear and coordinated communications programme.
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of the Equality Standard for Sport.
- Engage with relevant agencies and partner organisations to support both SCEG work and the wider equality agenda.
1. SCEG will meet quarterly and will be chaired by the hosting Sports Council
2. Venues will rotate